Batch mode - hourly output files for multiple years of meteo data

rebecca.dunn

Hi,

We are trying to obtain hourly output files for multiple years of meteo data from batch mode.

We have run the batch mode with several years of meteo data, by specifying lines like

SIM_1; CP2010.MET;N;1.22MWp_1.06MVA_0.3073GCR_FT;;

SIM_2; CP2011.MET;N;1.22MWp_1.06MVA_0.3073GCR_FT;;

in the file

CP_Project_BatchParams2.CSV

But even though we tick the boxes for "Create hourly files" and "Always produce calculation version files", under "Save mode" in "Parameter specification", we don't get hourly files. We only get a summary of annual values in

CP_Project_BatchResults2.CSV

Is there a way to obtain hourly output for multiple years of meteo data without running them one-by-one?

Thankyou,

Rebecca

• 4 weeks later...

When in the batch mode definitions, you tick the box "Create Hourly Files", you will be prompted to define the variables to be listed in the hourly file.

Then, in the parameter specification list in EXCEL, you should have a column "Create Hourly File" / "File name".

In this column, you should define a filename for each desired hourly file (usually with CSV or TXT extension for an easy reading in EXCEL).

• 5 months later...

Dear PVsyst

you wrote:

When in the batch mode definitions, you tick the box "Create Hourly Files", you will be prompted to define the variables to be listed in the hourly file.

Then, in the parameter specification list in EXCEL, you should have a column "Create Hourly File" / "File name".

In this column, you should define a filename for each desired hourly file (usually with CSV or TXT extension for an easy reading in EXCEL).

I'm using the version 6.32, and I don't get the prompt, thus I cannot get the hourly results when doing batch-simulations, only the yearly summary.

What to do? (I have attached the batch parameter filer for inspection).

SR

Søren Bækhøj Kjær

(new to PVsyst)

When defining the batch mode, you should tick "Create Hourly File".

If you do that, when exiting the batch mode dialog, the dialog for the definition of Hourly files appears after the message : "You have to define the contents of your hourly file".

However you can also define the output CSV file by the button "Output file".

On the batch parameters defintions sheet, you will have to specify a filename for each hourly file you want to create.

• 5 weeks later...

I think their maybe a bug in the current version of this feature. After following your procedure:

When defining the batch mode, you should tick "Create Hourly File".

If you do that, when exiting the batch mode dialog, the dialog for the definition of Hourly files appears after the message : "You have to define the contents of your hourly file".

However you can also define the output CSV file by the button "Output file".

This will not generate hourly files despite providing a file name for each simulation line. The following batch file is generated by PVsyst.

Ident;Create hourly;Nb strings;Simul

;file;in parall;Comment

;File name;;

;;;

SIM_1; N;2560;

Edited by CalSolar