unlimited Shed and surface

Ligner

Hi,

I struggle to understand, how the unlimited Shed Work.

For exemple I have a Flat roof -29° for azimut and 250 m². I succeed  to find a good ratio between pitch and tilt. But I really have no idea how we deal with the shading and surface. I had 250 m² in the "system" for sizing the PV pnnel and the inverter. But the number of panel is the same as "Fixed tilted plane" with 0° tilt.

My questions are how do you size the number of panel and how can you make sure (for exemple a pitch with 5m) that you have enough space on your roof for you're N Sheds with 5m of pitch between them?

Thank you

Hi!

The Field type "unlimited sheds" is a great option for a first parameterization to consider mutual, inter-row shadings without defining a 3D scene. You here get the a calculation of your groud cover ratio: A(coll)/A(ground), thus the area of the panels compared to the ground area required. To do the calculation correctly you should verify the size of your panels and make sure the Coll. band width correspond (considering also if you have multiple panels in height, if they are vertical or horizontal etc.) You can here also define the Electrical effect of the mutual shading.

The area in the system window only consider the area of the chosen panels, not the layout of the system. To get an approximation of the actual needed area you could use the Ground coverage ratio and the area of the panels in your system. For a precise sizing you should choose the field type Fixed Tilted Plane and create a Near shading scene with the exact dimensions of your roof and place tables in this dedicated available zone.  

Kind regards