Bifacial System cannot be applied on the Candela3d near shading model

Solaranger

image.thumb.png.1c332a1df501033e4c67f4e0ed180f21.png

I'm trying to use bifacial simulation on the 3d model that I made using Candela3d (Sketchup Plugin), but PVSyst cannot run the simulation. My guess is because PVSyst can only run bifacial simulation if I use "array of tables" in the shading simulation. Is my guess correct? or should I do something to run the 3d model from Candela3d?

Hi !
Actually, you do not need to have an "array of tables" in the 3D scene to apply the bifacial model, but there are a few regularity requirements that have to be met:
https://www.pvsyst.com/help/bifacial-conditions.htm

However, it cannot be expected that you modify the pitch of your plant just to run the simulation. For that reason, it is possible to modify the threshold for the activation of this error. Since this error stems from the evaluation of the standard deviation on the pitch distribution, the threshold can be changed in the advanced parameters : Home window > Settings > Edit advanced parameters:

image.png.cc5feedab30cc80253d7090996a55dad.png

Please be aware that while this won't modify the results of the simulation, it will allow you to simulate a situation in which the bifacial model (which is a regular idealization using the average pitch and table size values) will not fully represent the complexity of the 3D scene. However, usually, unless you have a very strange setup, the error from this discrepancy is minimal.