CIGS Panel

azein

I'm trying to simulate a Miasole CIGS thin film panel ( MR107).

There is no available .PAN file in PVsyst for this panel, so I tried to import from Photon databese, but the import dialog box says:

"There were some errors when reading the PV module data set."

I also noticed that there is no "CIGS" in the list of technologies in the "definition of a PV module"

Please advise whether it is currently possible to simulate such a module.

Best regards,

PVsyst is quite able to model the CIGS modules: you should choose the technology CIS (equivalent to CIGS).

Now with these PHOTON data, the specified Number of cells is 88, which leads to a Vmpp value of 0.23 V/cell.

This is far below the usual values for CIS technology, the module organization is probably 2 strings of 44 cells in series.

When you change this in the "Size and technology" page, please also go to the "Model parameters", and click the default checkboxes for Rshunt and Rseries (=> resp. 80 and 0.373 ohm).

Because when trying to adjust the model with the false number of cells in series, PVsyst has fixed erroneous default values for these parameters.

NB: During my researchs about modelling, I measured a CIS module during 7 years (one measurement every 10 minutes), and it obeys "perfectly" to the one-diode model (the RMS difference between Measured and Modelled values was < 1%, for any irradiance and temperature conditions over several years).

• 6 months later...

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to set panel temperature if I have an cooling panel at the back of a PV panel? Lets say I have a constant back temperature of the pv panel of 12 celcius degrees. That must influence the yield.

I don't know how you are cooling your module to 12°C at sun, without consuming quite a lot of energy.

There is one (indirect) way of fixing the PV module temperature: you can specify the TArray in the Meteo file (usually the measured on-site temperature), and use it in the simulation.

For this you should export your Meteo data as CSV file, add a column for the temperature, and reimport it into PVsyst with this information.

Hi Andre

Yes that wouldbe a solution to fix surroundings tempeture. The water colling panel is mounted at the back of the pv panel.

But how to export your Meteo data as CSV file? and then I have to write Tarray a list the fixed tempeture in that collum?

For exporting a meteo file, please use "Databases" / "Meteo tables and Graphs".

Here you can get a table of the data in hourly values, and export it as a CSV file.

NB: By contract with Meteonorm, the files obtained from Meteonorm 6.1 (internal Meteonorm tool) are not exportable. You should choose another meteo data source.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I understand that CIGS panels show quite a different low irradiance behaviour from c-Si (as shown on page 19 here: http://www.sophia-ri.eu/fileadmin/SOPHIA_docs/documents/Workshops/1st_European_Workshop_on_PV_Performance_Modelling/Session_B/MERMOUD_PVsyst.pdf)

Given that (in PVsyst 6.32 at least) the default Rs is set to give relative efficiency at 200 W/m2 of 97% that at 1000 W/m2, then the "default" Rs for CIGS modules should be different. What is the best way to represent CIGS modules' low irradiance behaviour?

Thanks!