PV Panels are going underneath the Topo

Muhammad Ubaid Ur Rehman

Dear Muhammad,

Tables need to be placed after importing the topography in order to follow the terrain.

However, you can still reajust the position of your tables on the ground afterwards by using "Auto-altitude option"

- Select all your tables and right-click on them. Then choose "Automatic altitude" option in the contextual menu:

image.thumb.png.d87193318474fb895a73004f9c996099.png

- Click on "Set auto. altitude":

image.thumb.png.936e137187e0c6276f4b50d574880d39.png

- Your tables will be placed on the ground:

image.thumb.png.6e2450898367866c258d3b7039805da4.png

Regards.

Hizir

This will adjust the elevation of the trackers, but not the tilt. To adjust the tracker tilt to the terrain, you will need to create a zone of trackers within PVsyst, and draw the zone over the terrain. When they are generated, they will have their tilt adjusted (as long as you select the option). 

The other option is to use autocad or some other software to place the trackers on terrain with tilt adjusted. 

2 hours ago, furkann71 said:

Hi,

'To adjust the tracker tilt to the terrain, you will need to create a zone of trackers within PVsyst, and draw the zone over the terrain. '

can you tell me how to do this

Dear Furkan, 

The procedure to create zones is described in this help page: https://www.pvsyst.com/help/zones_of_tables.htm

Check "Create tracking fields" if you want your tables to be created as trackers.

Regards.

Hizir

On 4/25/2023 at 7:15 PM, dtarin said:

This will adjust the elevation of the trackers, but not the tilt. To adjust the tracker tilt to the terrain, you will need to create a zone of trackers within PVsyst, and draw the zone over the terrain. When they are generated, they will have their tilt adjusted (as long as you select the option). 

The other option is to use autocad or some other software to place the trackers on terrain with tilt adjusted. 

Dear Daniel,

With the "Auto-altitude" tool the tilt is readjusted according to the base slope of the terrain. You can check this behaviour by opening the "List and management of objects" after using the "Auto-altitude". The tilt and azimuth are updated according to the base slope:

autoaltitude.png

1-I want to place a panel in the middle of an area surrounded by mountains, for this I took the ground topology from sketchcup and transferred it to pvsyst, but when I right click, the convert to ground object option does not appear for me. How Can I Solve This?

2-I want to make a panel layout in the middle of the mountains I mentioned above and simulate the closest production to reality, can I import or provide the ground topology from the sketchcup?

"How to import a place topography from GoogleEarth?"

Will I have to do the steps you describe at the same time?

Edited by furkann71

7 hours ago, Hizir Apaydin said:

Dear Daniel,

With the "Auto-altitude" tool the tilt is readjusted according to the base slope of the terrain. You can check this behaviour by opening the "List and management of objects" after using the "Auto-altitude". The tilt and azimuth are updated according to the base slope:

For fixed-tilt systems, the tilt and azimuth are adjusted as you have indicated. For tracker systems, tilt does not adjust. 

Edited by dtarin

2 hours ago, furkann71 said:

'How to import a ground topography from GoogleEarth?'

-I did these operations, but in pvsyst, the terrain turns out to be 180 degrees, what is the reason for this, how can I solve it?

Rotate azimuth 180 degrees. 

1-I want to place a panel in the middle of an area surrounded by mountains, for this I took the ground topology from sketchcup and transferred it to pvsyst, but when I right click, the convert to ground object option does not appear for me. How Can I Solve This?

2-I want to make a panel layout in the middle of the mountains I mentioned above and simulate the closest production to reality, can I import or provide the ground topology from the sketchcup?

"How to import a place topography from GoogleEarth?"

Will I have to do the steps you describe at the same time?

On 02.05.2023 at 11:16, Hizir Apaydin said:

Do I make a correct assessment by transferring the topography of the land to pvsyst with csv and then positioning and simulating it in pvsyt?
Or are there any other steps I need to take to make an accurate production estimate?

9 hours ago, furkann71 said:

Do I make a correct assessment by transferring the topography of the land to pvsyst with csv and then positioning and simulating it in pvsyt?
Or are there any other steps I need to take to make an accurate production estimate?

Dear Furkan,

This is a correct way to perform the simulation.

Regarding the missing option "Transform to ground object", you need to update to last version of PVsyst, this is a recent option.

Regards.

Hizir

If I run the simulation after making a settlement according to the topology of my land in the close shadings tab for my project, will the production estimation result be based on these shading factors, that is, will it give results by evaluating the topology factors?

3 hours ago, furkann71 said:

If I run the simulation after making a settlement according to the topology of my land in the close shadings tab for my project, will the production estimation result be based on these shading factors, that is, will it give results by evaluating the topology factors?

Dear Furkan,

Yes the simulation takes into account the shading factors based on your 3D scene

3 hours ago, furkann71 said:

Which of the use in simulation options should I choose?

1-no shadings
2-linear shadings
3-
4-
??

Dear Furkan,

"No shadings" is the default option when you haven't designed any 3D scene yet. Once designing your PV scene, you will have to choose between "Linear shading", "According to module strings" or "Detailed electrical calculations".

You can find details about these modes in the following links:

https://www.pvsyst.com/help/index.html?near_shadings_dialog.htm

https://www.pvsyst.com/help/shadings_model.htm

https://forum.pvsyst.com/topic/32-what-is-the-shading-loss-quotaccording-to-module-stringsquot/

Regards

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2023 at 11:23 AM, vapedroidzs said:

I want to place a panel in the middle of an area surrounded by mountains, for this I took the ground topology from sketchcup and transferred it to pvsyst, but when I right click, the convert to ground object option does not appear for me.

Dear sir,

Which version of PVsyst are you using and what is the format of the file imported into PVsyst?

For a more advanced investigation, you can export and send your project files to support@pvsyst.com

Regards