Simulation of a fence shading

azein

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate a 5cmX5cm fence, 500m long! I tried simulating the real fence on a 10m distance, waited for the shading factors simulation 2days but it did not finish so I stopped it.

What would you recommend?

edit: the CPU usage by PVsyst during any simulation I do is always limited to 10%/12%, even if I give it a "high priority" in window's task manager.

Is there a tweak for increasing cpu usage to, say 80%?

thanks

Just one parallellipepede is like putting a wall.

I'm not sure I understood your recommendation well...If I want to represent a 2m high fence 10cmx10cm, 10m long for example, and only one array to estimate the loss on one array before extrapolating, is it what ou recommend to put 200/10=20 parallellipepede of 10m one on top of the other?

What about the CPU usage?

What I mentioned was for a "massive" safety fence (for example on the border of a roof): you can approximate it as one or two long horizontal parallelepipeds (e.g. 5x5 cm2, 200 m long), and neglect the vertical parts (you can increase the parallelepipeds size for an average).

I don't have an exact solution for a wire fence. Probably you can also approximate it as 2-3 long horizontal paralelepipeds. Choose the diameters as an equivalent of the wires diameters on the concerned fence area.

And for the electrical effect (shading factor according to module strings), you can define these parallelepipeds as "thin objects", and specify the electrical effect ratio to a rather low value (or even a null value). The objective is to avoid the "normal" shading effect on the string.