How to simulation with Power Optimizer in 2 orientations?

RightForceDev

I have a problem with the simulation on the solar-edge optimizer in 2 orientations mix, it shows the text 

"You cannot define mixed orientation within a subarray with SolarEdge optimizers. Consider defining two different subarrays."

My project has limited area on a gable rooftop. The owner needs to use SolarEdge and optimizer but I cannot simulate these conditions.

They need 31.5kWp with Conergy 250W and SolarEdge 30kW with optimizer on roof tilt 5 degrees, NW-SE orientation.

Please advise me on how to simulate

Sincerely yours,

PVSyst.png

With SolarEdge, the strings at the input of the inverter may be distributed in different subarrays.

Therefore you can define several subarrays, with different orientations, as suggested by the error message.

What you cannot do in PVsyst is to mix modules of different orientations in a same string.  Although it is possible with SolarEdge optimizers, PVsyst doesn't manage this case.

On 3/13/2023 at 9:26 PM, André Mermoud said:

With SolarEdge, the strings at the input of the inverter may be distributed in different subarrays.

Therefore you can define several subarrays, with different orientations, as suggested by the error message.

What you cannot do in PVsyst is to mix modules of different orientations in a same string.  Although it is possible with SolarEdge optimizers, PVsyst doesn't manage this case.

Thank you for your advisory. I use another way to arrange the string array.