string configuration

garf

Greeting,

I have a project where we design based on CSI PV 665Wp and Huawei 330KTL inverter.

The 330KTL inverter has 6 MPPT with 28 inputs.

Total DC power is about 45MWp and AC power is 30MWac.

So I have total 2,114 strings x 32PV per string, distribute to 100 unit of inverters.

When I configure like the following, the DC:AC ratio is 1.5. The inverter power is slightly undersized, but PVsyst still allow to simulate.

If we divide 2,114 strings to 100 inverters. Each inverter will have 21.14 strings. 

But in actual, we can't have 21.14 strings per inverter. So I need to have 86 inverters with 21 strings x 32PV per string; and 14 inverters with 22 strings x 32PV per string.

When I configure this way, Pvsyst says inverter power is undersized, and not allow to simulate.

So, in this case does it mean 45MWp to 30MWac is not achievable? or what setting I need to change? anyone can share your view? thanks in advance

image.thumb.png.968032c29b9a2a53a946685f6421a487.png

On 1/26/2023 at 6:53 AM, garf said:

Each inverter will have 21.14 strings. 

PVsyst will not calculate like that. PVsyst will simulate the following:

On 1/26/2023 at 6:53 AM, garf said:

need to have 86 inverters with 21 strings x 32PV per string; and 14 inverters with 22 strings x 32PV per string

The reason for the difference between warning in one case and error in the other is that (for the warnings only) PVsyst in the first case does only a rough evaluation using the total Pnoms, it doesn't separate the two types of inverter.
If you still want to proceed, you can change the threshold for activation of the error. It is found in the project settings, you can increase the value 3% to a higher value.

1 hour ago, Michele Oliosi said:

The reason for the difference between warning in one case and error in the other is that (for the warnings only) PVsyst in the first case does only a rough evaluation using the total Pnoms, it doesn't separate the two types of inverter.
If you still want to proceed, you can change the threshold for activation of the error. It is found in the project settings, you can increase the value 3% to a higher value.

I see... Got it... thanks for advice

• 9 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 2:53 AM, garf said:

Greeting,

I have a project where we design based on CSI PV 665Wp and Huawei 330KTL inverter.

The 330KTL inverter has 6 MPPT with 28 inputs.

Total DC power is about 45MWp and AC power is 30MWac.

So I have total 2,114 strings x 32PV per string, distribute to 100 unit of inverters.

When I configure like the following, the DC:AC ratio is 1.5. The inverter power is slightly undersized, but PVsyst still allow to simulate.

If we divide 2,114 strings to 100 inverters. Each inverter will have 21.14 strings. 

But in actual, we can't have 21.14 strings per inverter. So I need to have 86 inverters with 21 strings x 32PV per string; and 14 inverters with 22 strings x 32PV per string.

When I configure this way, Pvsyst says inverter power is undersized, and not allow to simulate.

So, in this case does it mean 45MWp to 30MWac is not achievable? or what setting I need to change? anyone can share your view? thanks in advance

image.thumb.png.968032c29b9a2a53a946685f6421a487.png

Hi, i need the OND sun2000-330-ktl Inverter, can you help me?

Dear Sir,

We update the database using the requests of the manufacturers, and publish it with each new issue of PVsyst.

We can't of course follow all the new products of all manufacturers in the world.  We don't want to include data without the acknowledgement of the manufacturer.

Nevertheless you can easily create your own components by yourself.

The easiest way is to choose a similar existing device in the database, modify its parameters according to the manufacturer's datasheets, and save it under a new name, therefore creating a new file in your database.

You have a tutorial for that on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/c/PVsystTutos,   page  Component database

Regards,

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 4:17 AM, Michele Oliosi said:
On 1/25/2023 at 9:53 PM, garf said:

Each inverter will have 21.14 strings. 

On 1/25/2023 at 9:53 PM, garf said:

need to have 86 inverters with 21 strings x 32PV per string; and 14 inverters with 22 strings x 32PV per string

This seems to be a contradiction.  How can PVsyst "only do a rough evaluation" in the first case when you say that it will separate out the inverters (86 with 21 strings, 14 with 22)?  

On 1/24/2024 at 2:21 AM, laurahin said:

This seems to be a contradiction.  How can PVsyst "only do a rough evaluation" in the first case when you say that it will separate out the inverters (86 with 21 strings, 14 with 22)?  

What I meant is that if you define a single sub-array containing 100 inverters and, 2114 strings:

• PVsyst will evaluate the average DC:AC ratio for the sub-array, on this window, only to trigger warnings. In this instance, it does not trigger a warning.
  • For the simulation, PVsyst will consider : 86 inverters with 21 strings x 32PV per string; and 14 inverters with 22 strings x 32PV per string.

Instead, if you properly define two sub-arrays with 86 inverters with 21 strings x 32PV per string; and 14 inverters with 22 strings x 32PV per string:

• For the evaluation of warnings, this time each DC:AC ratio is computed, since this is done sub-array per sub-array. One of the sub-arrays triggers a warning.
  • For the simulation, there is no difference: PVsyst will consider 86 inverters with 21 strings x 32PV per string; and 14 inverters with 22 strings x 32PV per string.