SolarEdge String configurations

Vaithiesh

Hi,

I noticed this error coming up repeatedly even after fixing the error, whatever changes I had done disappears when I switch to another variant or close the project. 

Step 1/ Pic 1: Designed a system with SolarEdge inverters, I had to fix the unequal stringing to get the right system size

image.thumb.png.845867c8e9d68ee012a3acb1a55a0ca7.png

Step 2: Fixed the stringing and pvsyst error was gone. Saved the variant, run the simulation and generated report. 

image.thumb.png.b33ff03091a6700428fc7fdeaadf8d0e.png

Pic 3:

image.thumb.png.ff25a4442577c77431ce9e35a6db9337.png

After this I'm getting the same error, and the changes I had already finished disappears after switching variants or closing the project. and I'm certain whatever changes I have done was accurate. 

Not sure if this error is known but couldn't find anything in the forum related to this. Also, I tried opening a project that was done a year ago and saved, is not working in this version 7.3.1.

• 1 month later...

I lead a solar energy installation company in south florida and we decided to stop using Solaredge after we saw our inverter failure rate surpass 15% over the summer. And replacement inverters started taking a month or two to ship...

Now we use Enphase and although its slightly more expensive, it's a wonderful feeling knowing there's no central point of failure.