question on power sharing

garf

Greeting All,

I found that every time after I did "power sharing", run simulation and save.

My setting for the "power sharing" will gone and restore to default. Hence, if I wish to run simulation for other variant I need to redo the "power sharing".

Wish to know if anything that I missed out to avoid the above matter?

Thanks in advance. 

image.thumb.png.71c4d04071a2a0a02ba2522e89965deb.png

Hi @garf, I see that you have a total of 7 MPPT used on the 9 MPPT inverter.
Probably when you set up the Power sharing, there is an error message appearing in red because of that; this will prevent you from completing the power sharing setup.

image.thumb.png.5e7ce67aaf54ee690c05ca48e57d79bf.png

To correct this situation, since we do not allow empty MPPT inputs in PVsyst in the multi-MPPT / power sharing mode, you can artificially change the number of MPPT in your inverter to 7 for the concerned strings. You can edit this in the inverter definition, making sure to change the inverter name and file name, and save as new, as to not to confuse both inverters in the list (with 7 and 9 MPPTs).

On 1/3/2023 at 5:54 PM, Michele Oliosi said:

Hi @garf, I see that you have a total of 7 MPPT used on the 9 MPPT inverter.
Probably when you set up the Power sharing, there is an error message appearing in red because of that; this will prevent you from completing the power sharing setup.

image.thumb.png.5e7ce67aaf54ee690c05ca48e57d79bf.png

To correct this situation, since we do not allow empty MPPT inputs in PVsyst in the multi-MPPT / power sharing mode, you can artificially change the number of MPPT in your inverter to 7 for the concerned strings. You can edit this in the inverter definition, making sure to change the inverter name and file name, and save as new, as to not to confuse both inverters in the list (with 7 and 9 MPPTs).

i see.. thanks for the advice....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...