Problem with power sharing

hcapdevi

I am used to using the power sharing function, but this time it is not working.

I define my sub arrays

image.thumb.jpeg.e2602fc326112d7e59318c1305a2e758.jpeg

I use the power sharing function (everything works fine)

image.thumb.jpeg.dcb5b3f20e652162b206c6806c4c485f.jpeg

I start the simulation, but the power sharing is not taken into account, and it is not saved after the simulation is done.

image.jpeg.7e373cca2b49e552bfcc8cf415d4db5f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aeb0ce25bd733e9453ca5be745385151.jpeg

Is this a bug or a miss used of myself?

Thank you for your help ?

This looks indeed strange. The definitions are all correct, but it seems that the information was not propagated to the variant.

I have not seen this before, would it be possible to export this project and send it to support@pvsyst.com, so that we can check why this is happening?

I have been having the same issue. While doing the Power Sharing in the SYSTEM Tab, - all seems fine. But after running the simulation the PNOM reverts back to the "non-powering sharing" value.

See my screenshots below

image.png.a93c8d4c0f3eca517c803566a7194444.png

image.png.45f4b0216691aa160a648e318231c1e6.png

From my experience, it seems to only happen when more than one inverter type is used.

Edited by taahxr

On 8/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, hcapdevi said:

Yes of course, can you explain the procedure? 
What file do you need?

To export the project, please go to 'Files-> Export projects' in the main window. Select the project and click on 'Export'. This will create a single file with .zip extension, that you can e-mail to us.

The source of the problem has been identified. We did not handle correctly all cases when you add or remove sub-arrays to a system that is already configured for power sharing. As a consequence, it is possible to end up with some of the sub-arrays that are included in the power sharing configurations, but which are not flagged as using power sharing. The power sharing configurations of these sub-arrays will be reset when starting the simulation.

As a workaround, you can uncheck and check again the box at the top of the power sharing configuration:

image.png.329887a4549d13b8330045055010d5bb.png

This will force all flags in the sub-arrays to their correct state, and the problem will be gone.

We will secure the code such that these inconsistent states cannot happen any more.

• 3 months later...