SMA database not updated for a long time (for string inverters)

julmou

Good day,

It seems that the SMA string inverters under 10kW haven't been updated for a long time (Sunny Boys TL-21, from 2010, etc)

All the new models (Sunny Boy 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 -VL-40, and Sunny Boy 3.0 ... 6.0 -AV-41, and Sunny Tripower 3.0 ... 6.0 -AV-40) have very different MPP tension ranges and efficiency curves, and dimensions than the older versions.

Any reason for this? or any estimate when these models will be incorporated in the database?

Thanks so much in advance

We update the database using the requests of the manufacturers, and publish it with each new issue of PVsyst.

We can't of course follow all the new products of all manufacturers in the world.  We don't want to include data without the acknowledgement of the manufacturer.

Nevertheless you can easily create your own components by yourself. The easiest way is to choose a similar existing device in the database, modify its parameters according to the manufacturer's datasheets, and save it under a new name, therefore creating a new file in your database.

You have a tutorial for that on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/c/PVsystTutos,   page  Component database

Regards,

Thanks, yes, that's I did :)

I was just surprised that such a popular manufacturer, if not the most popular, hadn't had any update for almost 12 years, in the most popular PV design software.

It's surprising they (SMA) haven't requested it. Thanks anyway! :)

• 2 months later...

Hello,

As we, as simple users, do not have the exact mapping of the parameters in the export string, formed by a lot of values separated by semi colon, I would rather suggest to modify the definition a an equivalent inverter and to save it as a new one. PVSYST propose usefull feature, especially for the efficiency definitions.