Additional Rear-side Global POA Irradiance Adjustments (IAM, Soiling, & Spectral; Far Shadings?)

kjs55

Hi, Are there any plans to include rear-side IAM, soiling, or spectral adjustments in calculating global plane-of-array POA effective irradiance on the rear side of bifacial PV modules (in addition to the existing near shadings for rear-side global POA incident irradiance already taken into account within the PVsyst bifacial view factor model)? Regarding the latter (spectral), reportedly there are bifacial CdTe PV modules in development & coming soon to the market.

P.S. I need to check the PVsyst Help Menu on whether far shadings are already taken into account (for rear-side Global POA Incident Irradiance); if not, I'd like to add this to my above question.

Edited by kjs55
Slight grammar edits

IAM is automatically included using plain glass fresnel option. They are reviewing whether to include this as a separate loss factor so as to be able to determine rear POA before all loss considerations. 

dtarin is correct, this is the current state of affairs.

Regarding the spectral correction, I doubt this would come up soon. The effect of ground refelction on the spectrum of light seems complex to model (and maybe for a small impact overall?). Do you have any references on this topic ?

Finally soiling is quite similar to backside shading, you can increase the percentage for backside shadings (one of the parameters in the bifacial model) to take this into account.