Editing and Previewing Our Own Posts on the New PVsyst Forum

kjs55

Hi, The previous PVsyst Forum allowed us to edit our posts after submission (for increased clarity, to fix spelling typos, to improve grammar, etc.). Can we do this on the new PVsyst Forum and, if so, how? Thanks. P.S. The previous PVsyst Forum also allowed us to preview our posts prior to submission (to view renderings of special formatting, etc.). Can we do this on the new PVsyst Forum and, if so, how?

Thanks so much for your timely & thorough reply - it's very much appreciated. I tried clicking on the ellipsis, however, all I see (as a normal, non-admin user) are the following options: Report and Share. This is why I originally reached out: because I'd expected to see another option for "Edit". Thanks again.

P.S. Interestingly, I saw the "Edit" option appear in the ellipsis of my above reply for a brief time following my submission of the reply post. However, that option quickly disappeared after about a minute or so, and now only the options "Report" and "Share" remain in the ellipsis of the reply post (similar to the original post above). Again, I think it'd be very valuable if we can edit our posts over the long term (to add further context & details as we think of it, etc.)!

Edited by kjs55
Add sentence at end; slight grammar fix

Finally, here's the error message that occurs when trying to edit a post after about 1-min. following submission: "This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited."

Essentially, I'm proposing to please remove the time limit for editing posts, similar to the previous PVsyst Forum setup. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any updates here? I just tried to edit one of my recent posts. I got an error (see below). And, for more historical posts, there's no option to Edit at all. Again, the previous PVsyst Forum more ideally allowed for continuous editing/improvements with no time constraints.

Oops!

This content can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited.

• 4 months later...