Simulation initialization (Error #9)

estewan

Hi,

I found the following error:

http://sia1.subirimagenes.net/img/2013/07/24/13072406093425779.png

It occurs when starting the simulation. The project already worked, I just updated to version 6.10 and tried to re-run the simulation but the project stopped working.

http://sia1.subirimagenes.net/img/2013/07/24/130724061530950717.png

It does not affect any other projects.

Thanks,

Esteban

I have indeed done very deep modifications for the version 6.10 (completely rewritten the shading loss factors on diffuse for tracking, see the FAQ How is calculated the shading loss factor on diffuse with tracking systems ? ).

And I have forgotten to treat the case when you define a tracking system, without defining the 3D shading scene.

If you create your 3D system and ask for shadings, you will be able to run the simulation.

I will of course protect the simulation against this case for the next version.

NB: with the previous versions (before 5.10), when using the backtracking strategy the shading factor was null (by definition of the backtracking, for beam component), so that it didn't make much sense to construct the 3D scene. But now you have shading losses on the diffuse component, therefore you cannot avoid to construct the 3D scene anymore.

When do you anticipate the next version. This has made it difficult for me to use version 6 with our current list of potential projects. Constructing the 3D scene is time consuming and for these sites, provides little value.

I'm having the same problem - none of my projects with tracking systems work! Please provide an update as soon as possible, without having to create a 3D shading scene. As robadams mentioned, creating a 3D scene is time consuming, and in many cases unnecessary.

• 1 month later...

Dear Andre,

This is happening again (Error #9) but the other way around. It only works if I do not define the 3D shading scene. If I want to run the simulation using the shading scene, it does not work, and same error (as shown on my first message) appears.

Thank you,

Esteban

P.S. I am using V6.11