Changing table length for several tracker groups using "Modify selected objects" doesn't work

laurahin

I made a shading scene with groups of trackers using strings of 26 modules and now the designer has requested an update to 25. I thought I would be able to change all of the tracker groups at once, but the results never match my inputs. For example, there are groups with three strings, i.e., 78 modules per row. When I select multiple groups and put in 75 for the length in modules, they all change to 160. If I also enter 1 for height (not needed but...) then I get 36 modules in width. Has anyone else had this experience? Am I going to have to change the string length separately for every group??

Yes, I get the weird behavior as you are depending on how the trackers were created. If you are using zones to create trackers and then are sending them to custom groups OR just multi-selecting the tables and pressing ctrl+G, you will need to set orientation to landscape and include a Y spacing of .02m; PVsyst will assume this spacing by default, so if you select 0.01 for example, you will end up with 74 modules and 0.02m spacing. If you are importing through PVcase, you will not need to enter the orientation as landscape, and just need to adjust your Y number of modules (including again the 0.02m spacing to reach 75 modules exactly).

Edit: 7.2.9 has updated the group management, should solve your issue.

Great, I'll give it a go. These are 1P tracker tables that were created individually then copied. I tried to change them by selecting all of these objects and using "Modify selected objects."

I have a second question, which is why you have to click on the parameter you want to change twice to enter the new value in the "Modify selected objects" interface. Why can't you just enter it on the line instead of spawning a popup box?