Economic Evaluation

yovandeer

Hello everyone

I'm performing an economic evaluation in PVsyst. But i have a question about the global installation cost per module/per inverter and the cost for grid connection.

What exactly should be entered here?

Kind regards

Yoline

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

I'm performing an economic evaluation in PVsyst. But i have a question about the global installation cost per module/per inverter and the cost for grid connection.

What exactly should be entered here?

Kind regards

Yoline

Dear Yoline,

Thank you for your interest in the economic evaluation tool of PVsyst.

You can either define your costs in detail by setting the price of each module, inverter, structure under module, wires etc... or define them globally.

For example, a photovoltaic system installer can give you a global price depending on the size of your installation, without giving you the detail of each cost.

He can tell you that the global installation cost will be 200$/module, including components, wiring, transport, manpower etc. If your system contains 100 modules, your total installation cost will be 20 000$, without worring about the details.

If you define all your prices individually (modules, inverters, wires, transport, installation), you don't have to set "Global installation cost per module", nor "Global installation cost per inverter", you can delete these costs from the list.

Regarding the "Grid connection cost", this is the initial cost of connecting your photoltaic installation to the grid system in which you will inject your electricity. This includes the cost of the equipments needed to physically connect your system to the grid, and also several administrative costs (contract establishment, taxes etc...). This cost depends on the location of your installation (you will have to pay a higher grid connection cost if your photovoltaic installation is located in a place hard to reach, far from high voltage lines etc...) and also depends on the country (in some countries you can have high administrative fees).

In some countries, you can also have to pay a yearly subscription or tax, in order to have the right to be connected to the grid. You can set this cost in "Annual connection tax" of "Tarrifs" tab.

Anyway, the default list of costs provided by PVsyst is a fully customizable template. You don't have to set the costs which are not relevant for your project. You can add specific costs to your project, delete or modify existing costs.

For more information about the economic evaluation, please have a look at this specific video tutorial:

Kind regards