"Invalid Separator" when component import

HLubke

Dear all,

i'm facing some trouble importing componentes (both .pan and .ond files) received directly from manufacturers into PVsyst.

The program imports the files into the respective folder. But when starting the design system (i.e. opening a project) a message appears saying "invalid separator" (see attached picture for the HUAWEI 215KLT inverter as a general example, third try with file received from their HQ).

As I have this issue with several manufacturers I got the feeling it's my software or database that are wrong and not the files...

Did anybody face such issue before?

Is there a solution?

Looking forward to reeding your feedback!!

Regards

2076068292_Messageinvalidseparator.png.7aa744104ae1fe23ebba02d01039c4bb.png

I've been getting this often, and PAN/OND files being invalidated

Thanks dtarin!

Do you have the feeling the issue really is in the files or might something have gone wrong with databases in the PVsyst installation?

Mine has been running for many years on the system with what feels today like zillions of updates having been performed...

• 2 months later...

I still, again and again face the problem, now in a completely new PVsyst installation on a new machine with new database.

Does anyone else see messages invalidating componentes due to "Invalid separator"?

Is it me? :(

Looking forward to hearing some idea...

Regards

Dear HLubke,

I have the same issue,

There is the answer: Old or New version of PVsyst have a diffirent type of PAN / OND structure of database file. it's mean you have to use the correct version file when you add it to PVsyst. So check it with the manuafacture or try it with old version of PVsyst.

Dear HLubke,

I have the same issue,

There is the answer: Old or New version of PVsyst have a diffirent type of PAN / OND structure of database file. it's mean you have to use the correct version file when you add it to PVsyst. So check it with the manuafacture or try it with old version of PVsyst.

Many thanks for your feedback, @satashi0123 !

I had this thought but discarded.

My rationale was "the PVsyst team wouldn't release a new version without assuring downward compatibility on such a simple thing as the .ond. and .pan-file's data structure". Also, i e.g. made sure i got the most current .ond file Huawei issued for the 215KTL. It came from CN the day i got it and was still getting the same issue. This would mean the manufacturers are not made aware of such version issue by PVsyst.

Should i really need to reconsider?

Wouldn't this be a matter of capabilities of PVsyst as a product and as a company? Of whether a software like PVsyst would be better off if being developed on some sort of open source collaborative platform?

Many multi-M-USD-investments, infrastructure planning etc. are relying of these simulations. Is there a reliability bias? :?

Now that i wrote this it got me worried... :o

Regards!

P.S.

I put all this up to the support directly. I'll let you know when i get feedback from support.

New versions are backwards compatible. It's the reverse that is not (old to new). Most manufacturers, third party labs, etc. will make sure their files are compatible with PVsyst.

Thanks @dtarin!

This is exactly the feedback i received from PVsyst's André Mermoud today. He wrote:

"Nothing has changed in the PAN and OND formats.

In the most recent versions of PVsyst, you can always read any old file, produced by any older version of PVsyst.

However the upward compatibility is not ensured: you cannot read files of the Version 7 with a version 6.

Now the files may be corrupted.

Sometimes people open them in a text editor, and this editor may change the control characters when saving."

This actually leaves me more confident regarding the software's developments.

As i am getting this problem with the files from major manufacturers, possibly the editor-bug may apply. It could be caused by a curious employee wanting "to check if there was a change" opening the .pan or .ond-file in an editor. I think I'll follow this lead and see what i can learn...

Regards