Support for true subhourly simulations in V7?

sam.ley

Hi,

I have a large number of licenses, and a growing limitation we are finding is the inability to run true sub-hourly simulations at 15 or 30 minute increments. For long-term yield of a PV-only plant with a fixed price PPA hourly is fine, but adding storage, variable market pricing, and working in regions with extremely variable irradiance means additional time fidelity is needed, and I have to go to other tools to get it.

We have high quality weather data coming in now at 30 minute intervals for nearly every location on earth, and site-specific data down to 1 minute intervals. I'd love for PVsyst to keep up with the improvements in meteo resource data, especially if we are pending a new major update with additional costs for annual licensing.

Thanks - Sam

I/we fully support this topic/request for an update. Many other tools on the market now support 1/5/15/30 min data which is incredibly important for capturing variable irradiance.

For example, running a test/evaluation in alignment with IEC 61724-3 will not be very accurate without subhourly considerations, particularly at higher dc/ac ratios.

Thanks,

Dan

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear PVsyst team,

is there any planning in the software development within next 12 months to start providing sub-hourly calculations ?

We have a real need for such feature in our project, i.e. 5-minutes time resolution, possibly even down to 1-minute depending on the project progress.

Best regards,