add pump to database

Ian

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the maximum current a pump needs in order to add it to the database. The thing is that pumps need more current to start working, so I am not sure if when asking the abs. maximum current I have to write the maximum current of the three-phase running (for example 5.7) or this current with the increment of the 400 % that needs to start working (22.8).

Thank you!!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

When the manufacturer "imposes" a power conditioning unit device to be used with his pump, he usually specifies the converter electrical input and not the pump's input requirements as operating conditions. Therefore in these cases the component black box includes the converter-motor-pump set, and the PVsyst's pump model should act with the converter as input variables.

This is namely the case with AC motor pumps, as PVsyst never manages the Pump input AC voltage nor its frequency. Only the Pump power input is a relevant input variable.

This holds indeed for any pump for which the power is specified instead of the current and voltage (Flowrate=f(Power) model).

Please read : https://www.pvsyst.com/help/simulation_variables_pumping.htm?zoom_highlightsub=pump+current