Importing Skelion shading scenes with tree lines?

pvwiz

Hi,

I am able to create my shading scene in SketchUp / Skelion and import it to PVsyst as a h2p file, though, I was wondering if anyone has had any success importing a tree line too? I am importing the google maps terrain and using SketchUp / Skelion to drop my modules on the terrain to match the topography. Is it possible to import tree lines as shading objects with this method?

Additionally, further to this thread, has PVsyst officially released their own plugin for Skelion / SketchUp?

Thanks.

Hello,

We don't really know how Skelion proceeds to export to PVsyst, it is using the H2P format which was initially designed to transfer data from Helios3D to PVsyst.

It is possible to include geometry of objects which are not tables in the H2P format but I don't know if Skelion actually supports it.

However if you are using Sketchup to design your system, we recommend that you use the direct export to DAE (Collada) already included in Sketchup.

The only thing you need is to paint your PV faces with a material prior the export so that PVsyst will be able to identify them and create them correctly. Here's a simple example tutorial :

The related help section in PVsyst documentation is : Project design > Shadings > Near Shadings: Import > Sketchup and other CAD software

Hello,

We don't really know how Skelion proceeds to export to PVsyst, it is using the H2P format which was initially designed to transfer data from Helios3D to PVsyst.

It is possible to include geometry of objects which are not tables in the H2P format but I don't know if Skelion actually supports it.

However if you are using Sketchup to design your system, we recommend that you use the direct export to DAE (Collada) already included in Sketchup.

The only thing you need is to paint your PV faces with a material prior the export so that PVsyst will be able to identify them and create them correctly. Here's a simple example tutorial :

The related help section in PVsyst documentation is : Project design > Shadings > Near Shadings: Import > Sketchup and other CAD software

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is there anyway to drop modules such that they follow the topography terrain and keep their tilt in sketchup without using skelion's drop feature?