How does the bifaical back side mismatch loss factor contribution to the total energy?

baohua

Hi

I am evaluating the bifacial module mismatch loss, because I used the irradiance=front irradiance+ rear irradiance*bifaciality factor as input (same logical like PVyst), so I can get the total mismatch loss. I want to know how does PVsyst calculate back side mismatch loss factor to the total energy yield? based on PVsyt calculation method, I can reverse calculation the back side mismatch loss factor for bifacial system, and this would be very helpfull to guide PVsyst users to input this value.

Thank you very much!

Baohua

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Since PVsyst utilizes 2D model, it is not able to provide a calculation for rear side mismatch, rear side shading and shed transparency factors sadly. But as far as I learnt from the many whitepapers, conference papers and articles, these values vary depending on the system type. To illustrate, for a 1P tracking system with the 100*100 mm torque tube (height: 2m), shading factor, mismatch factor and shed transparency should be 5.7%, 4% and 3.1% respectively. These values come from another software that uses 3D model.