new on Pvsyst

hipolito

Dear Sr.

I am from Brazil and I have download the evaluation version, I find the program a very good tool on the solar business, I may go pro on it.

But a few things I have to ask first:

1 - Is there a portuguese version? The final report would be great if was released in portuguese.

2 - Is there any way for me do get the meteo datas from Brazilian sites without having to pay another program?

3 - on the System option, using Project design and grid connected, I can choose no sizing, Kwp, and area, why dont you use the Kwh from electric bill? I have done some calculation to find the Kwp, but I am not sure if its correct. I get the KWh, from electric bill, for the hole year, suppose 516MW (big project), then I multiply the 4.8 hours of sun in a day (year average) by 365 day, then divide the 516000 by 1752, the final value is 294.5.

Is this correct, what about the losses?

Thank you for your time.

We are preparing a portuguese version for the version 6. It should be available within some few weeks/months.

Ground-measured irradiance data for Brazil are rather scarce.

In PVsyst, the NASA-SSE and perhaps Retscreen can provide monthly data.

If you can obtain data from your National Meteorological Service, PVsyst provides a tool for importing hourly values in almost any ASCII (Text) format.

The future version 6 of PVsyst will give access to the full Meteonorm functionnalities for getting meteo data at any place on the earth.

The kWp is the definition of the PV installed power.

The energy produced with this installation (expressed in kWh or MWh) will be the result of the simulation. It is not a sizing parameter.

You can use the "Presizing" part for a quick evaluation of the energy produced by a given installed power in your situation (meteo, orientation).

But don't consider the yield of this Presizing part as an accurate result !!! The definitive system should be studied within the "Project design" part.

Thank you fro the reply!

Well I do have in excell many metereological data from Brazil, collect from a respected company in here, I can send to you if you want to.

There are also a few other programs that have this data, but havent seen one that export files in ASCII.

I found out on TOOLS that I can add a new site, but when I get the date from NASA is it for real?

Weel, thank you for your time.

An ASCII file is simply a text file. Any *.TXT, *.CSV, *.PRN and so on, opened or issued by EXCEL or Notepad.

Now if you have data in monthly values, you should directly define a new site ("Tools" / "Geographical sites" / "New"). Here you define the geographical coordinates (latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Time zone) and on the second page you can "copy" the monthly data in EXCEL and "Paste" them here (necessary data: Global horizontal and Ambient temperature".

• 3 years later...

Dear André Mermoud, any news about the portuguese version for the PVsyst?

We are preparing a portuguese version for the version 6. It should be available within some few weeks/months.

Ground-measured irradiance data for Brazil are rather scarce.

In PVsyst, the NASA-SSE and perhaps Retscreen can provide monthly data.

If you can obtain data from your National Meteorological Service, PVsyst provides a tool for importing hourly values in almost any ASCII (Text) format.

The future version 6 of PVsyst will give access to the full Meteonorm functionnalities for getting meteo data at any place on the earth.

The kWp is the definition of the PV installed power.

The energy produced with this installation (expressed in kWh or MWh) will be the result of the simulation. It is not a sizing parameter.

You can use the "Presizing" part for a quick evaluation of the energy produced by a given installed power in your situation (meteo, orientation).

But don't consider the yield of this Presizing part as an accurate result !!! The definitive system should be studied within the "Project design" part.