Inverter power & installed power

tecnun

Hello Team,

There is still a bug in "Hidden Parameters". When, for whatever reasons it comes to our consultancy PV installations with a high ratio Peak power / Inverter power (eg 35%) associated with losses (eg 8%), of course these systems are not optimized and we´ll never set this ratio for OUR installations, but sometimes we have to study en consult other installations and set a solar resource to asses 3th parties. The problem is that we put the limits higher (eg ratio = 40% and loss = 10%) and the system keeps on turn in red and cannot simulate. Could you please check this out?

Thanks in advance BR

Jose

Andre,

What i said (thought it was clear in my first message) is that whatever limit you change in settings, for example 8% instead of 3%) if it is over 3% PVsyst refuses to simulate. There it is the bug... otherwise for what reasons settings are created?

BR

Andre,

What i said (thought it was clear in my first message) is that whatever limit you change in settings, for example 8% instead of 3%) if it is over 3% PVsyst refuses to simulate. There it is the bug... otherwise for what reasons settings are created?

BR

Any comment about that? I am meaning its for me perfect that PVsyst besides performing simulations, it helps or guide the user to a proper design, but there exist a powerful tool which is the expert settings, in which we would like sometimes to "stress" the limits, not a taste! just real installations we are ordered to evaluate.

Pleased if you can read this issue, if not no problem i think it is a win-win, you improve we improve, all in all this problem/bug chat feed all your new versions making PVsyst more powerful and excel and making us more prone to prefer it, thats my opinion at least...

Best R

Jose