DAE/3DS imported scenes

tecnun

Good day,

I would like you to consider for the next updating that in the last one (6.6.7) drawing scenes imported from DAE/3DS get dark. This issue only happened in the last version, before it worked properly.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Jose

• 3 weeks later...

I m attaching Sketchup image and imported DAE image, you see the big difference, in PVsyst you cannot distinguish anything. This did not occur in other versions. It s a pitty these big developments in terms of design dont have a continuity. In my case is essencial this issue is solved, as all my desings start from Google Sketchup.

1012958348_ImageinPVSYSTfromDAE_3DS.thumb.jpg.56a27815b151d591089a20c679b21f2c.jpg

192804503_ImageinGoogleSketchup.thumb.jpg.ba98fbef6e5fe2f647fb705abdca21e1.jpg

Thanks best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jose,

This is due to Sketchup defining some faces "backwards", i.e they are oriented to the inside of the object.

Sketchup doesn't really care about it, it will just draw the faces a bit darker, but in PVsyst this is important.

Also you can do it on the Sketchup side ...

What you can try to do is edit the imported object and click on the "Invert normals" button on the toolbar.

You mention that it's only happening for the last two versions, which is odd as nothing was changed on this part.

1550587691_Shadingsceneconstruction.jpg.7cf96c2426a35a908c58f6990a757bf7.jpg

Hello again,

Not always is possible to reverse in PVsyst scenes (i set 3 more examples to be sure). I m thinking further about this issue... (no changes myself, no changes you guys), could it be a sketchup bug? I m using 15 and 17...

BR Jose

Hello again,

More info about this case: it keeps failing to reverse faces depending on the construction of the solids (in PVsyst). BUT i found a trick, you can always fix your solid in SKETCHUP through a tool called "Solid Inspector2" prior to export it. Thats the only way i am assuring clear view of shading scenes. It looks like PVsyst is very picky with not fixed solids (or it all comes from a wrong DAE conversion dont know well...). I still think that something occured with the past versions bcs before i never experienced this bug.

Looking forward a feedback

Best R.

Jose

• 3 weeks later...