6.60 Drawing bugs

tecnun

Dear collegues,

I ve identified these couple of bugs:

1) You cannot move objects or drag them like it was always possible

2) You cannot edit shading objects by clicking on them. Only the biggest generator field when it was migrated from past versions

Am I right? or maybe i need some tips for doing these 2 things...

Thanx in advance, BR Tecnun

I insist on these bugs as long as with them it is IMPOSSIBLE to draw anything!!

Am i in a mistake? it is strange nobody said nothing about this issue....all these MAGNIFICENT improvements in the drawing tool are not worth it AT ALL if you cannot drag and orient the figures (shading obj & generator). Please if anyone has not this problem report it so maybe some PCs like mine are not compatible with this new version.

Best R Tecnun

Hi Tecnum,

When you select an object, then you click the red cross on the toolbar. You will see the three arrows allowing you to move the object.

In order to edit an object, you select it and click the "wrench" button on the toolbar.

Is that what you are referring to?

Hi SE2015,

The problem is that i cannot select it, i only select the generator field, and when i select this one and i see these 3 arrows i cannot move it.

Can you click and position all the objects like the past versions?

Thanx, Tecnun

Hello Sylvain and Team,

In the newer 6.61 i cannot import 3d from 3ds, and from dae is a real eternity and it turns superbig (unscaled), also in this drawing I cannot transform PV modules that are objects in generating fields. Could my graphic card be not sufficient?

Besides, the problem of moving objects disappear but i can only move them in horizontal or vertical, not a normal diagonal drag like it always was possible in past versions.

Thanks in advance, BR

Hello again,

Sorry i didnt doublecheck.

1) DAE definitely dont work as it appears unscaled (really big) and the PVfield cannot be spotted and changed

2) 3DS works. In MY case big drawings dont work bcs i estime my graphic card is not sufficient, but for smaller it works properly

3) I ve discovered how you drag objects, if someone is reading me maybe it is useful: You have to position the pointer in the middle of the square it will flash out in yellow.

BR,

Jose

Hello Jose,

About the DAE, have you tried to change the unit in the dialog which appears after the import ?

If it is not found in the file, you can set it here and hopefully get the scene with the correct size. If not, please send me the file to support@pvsyst.com and I will have a look.

The import may take a bit more time now, because the objects are being simplified when imported, which requires calculations.

Ok Sylvain, I know what it is happening: Strangely the same SKETCHUP model (METERS) is transformated in DAE in INCHES, so in the dialog block when you set it in the shading scene you must say it is in INCHES and there is no problem. (the same original SKETCHUP model when transformated in 3DS the units are not changed.

Another thing is that in DAE when the program detects there could be objects that seem to be modules you must click them like in 3DS, but eg when they named YINKO in the dialog block they appear like "object" but they are modules (it appears a blue square symbol) and the program treat them all right like modules. I don t know if I have expressed well.

BR Jose M

Hello,

Okay it's good to read that it was just a unit problem.

About the other point : I think you're getting confused between the Material name (the one you check to transform objects to PV objects) and the Object name.

In a scene you can have many objects which all have the same material.

If objects have no name in the DAE or 3DS, we just call them "Object #...", if you checked a material to transform some objects to PV fields, then objects keep their name.

Thats exactly what it happened, thanks a lot.

2 more things i detected: 1) Letters are ilegible in "no rendered" mode 2) Could you ease object displacement in "no render mode"? the "sweet point" is difficult to get it (i think it is in the center of the rectangle) unlike in "rendered mode" which the whole rectangle flashes in yellow and is much more easier to drag objects.

BR and anyway congratulations for all these big improvements

Jose

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I experienced another issue while importing 3D objects from Sketchup in Collada (DAE) file. It's easy to manage the units and the material, but if I create in Sketchup a PVtable facing SOUTH, after the import in PVsyst the table is facing NORTH. It happens for PVtable and shading objects, everything has to be rotated 180 degrees.

Did also you find this bug? Do you know how to fix it?

Apart from that, congrats to PVsyst team for the new scene construction tool.

BR

This is indeed a problem which arises with some computers.

It is related to the Graphic card, which is now used by the 3D editor. Some old drivers of the graphic card don't support the functions that PVsyst is using, without noticing this to the program

You can either pass to the next version 6.61, or update the driver of your graphic card (this doesn't work in any case, very mysterious...).