SAT Layout

EEJ

Hi,

I am trying to layout a 15MW Single Axis tracker PV System using the 3D Near Shading construction capability of PVsyst. I have about 1500 tracker overall about 60000 modules, what is the fastest and easiest way to lay the plant out? I tried to fill a zone but it didn't work. can you please advise on the best way to layout a large scale utility scale PV, thank you very much

E

You can simply specify one only object of an arbitrary number of trackers, each of any size.

For the electrical losses, you are not advised to use the "Module layout" part. The execution time will be prohibitive.

But you can use the option "Shadings according to strings".

See our FAQ With my big power plant the calculation time is prohibitive.

• 9 months later...

Hi Andre,

When I try to model near shadings for a utility scale system (100MW+, tracker with backtracking), I am having difficulty applying a representative 3-D scene to the whole System. I want the whole plant output in one report, versus a single inverter.

I tried these related threads first, but still no luck.

http://forum.pvsyst.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1232

http://forum.pvsyst.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=132

I have a 100MW defined in System parameters, and about 1MW of trackers drawn in the 3-D near shading model. When I try to produce the shade factor table, I get the error "The Shading Area is lower than the PV modules area".

Am I missing a step here or can you explain how to apply a subsystem near-shading to the whole system without getting this error?

Thanks,

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Andre,

When I try to model near shadings for a utility scale system (100MW+, tracker with backtracking)....

There is a setting in hidden parameters you can set to get rid of this error, so your 1MW block can be used for a 100MW plant. See attached.

1051040472_shadingsarea.PNG.21c4e84b9d19dd644ce948589d7f69f3.PNG