PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:22 pm

All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Max Voltage restriction
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:01 pm 

Dear Team,

I ve always had to "cheat" module and inverter maximum voltage due to open circuit string exceeding in unreal conditions, in order to avoid stopping simulation. In my opinion Voc (-10ºC) is an unreal restriction, as cell temperature is a lot higher in reference to ambient temperature. It implied a Polar temperature!. As we know voltage drops it temperature raise. Only this gap is small when there is no much radiation (and therefore voltage drops for other reasons)

Would it be possible to correct this bug?

Best Regards Tecnun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:12 am 

This limit is a safety condition for the inverter and system.

The principles of the condition is explained in the FAQ "How to adjust the design temperatures ?"
This is not an invention of PVsyst, it is mentioned in the IEC norms.

Now you can adjust the Tmin value (minimum temperature ever measured at this site) in the project's parameters (button "Project's settings")

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:31 pm 

André, i m attaching smth could be interesting for you guys. Please everyone consider it confidential as it took me time to make it. In my opinion sometimes IEC and other Norms should be updated (or refined).
As you can see (sorry that it is in spanish if you want i can translate this excel), i m supposing 0ºC (ambient temperature) and maximum radiation (close to 1000 W/m2) which in Mid-Chile could be rare as it happens at solar midday. And the worse case: The Plant stops and resumes at midday (in these events we consider Open Circuit not mppt). At any time Voltage exceeds 1000 V. Taking into account -10ºC of cells in PVSYST there is noway we can select a 1000 V inverter.

Would it be complex in PVSYST to develop SKOPLAKI formules? Good to be able to change Temperature (i didnt know it was possible), but as you can see in my excel, wind speed, height of anemometer at measures, rugosity of terrain, voltage drop upstream of the inverter are also present.

Best Regards Tecnun

Attachments:
Justificación Tensiones máximas SKOPLAKI_2.rar [78.34 KiB]
Downloaded 2 times

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:02 pm 

Hello again,

I ve just changed minimum temperature to consider at Open Circuit for max tolerable voltage at inverter: From -10ºC to 11,5ºC (which it is more realistic at 1000 W/m2 for our normal sites) but it keeps calculating at -10ºC, yes you can change it in hidden parameters but no effects in simulation. Am i doing anything wrong?

BR Tecnun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:57 pm 

tecnun wrote:
Hello again,

I ve just changed minimum temperature to consider at Open Circuit for max tolerable voltage at inverter: From -10ºC to 11,5ºC (which it is more realistic at 1000 W/m2 for our normal sites) but it keeps calculating at -10ºC, yes you can change it in hidden parameters but no effects in simulation. Am i doing anything wrong?

BR Tecnun

It was solved in the past 6.7.5. Thanks a lot!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 pm 

tecnun wrote:
André, i m attaching smth could be interesting for you guys. Please everyone consider it confidential as it took me time to make it. In my opinion sometimes IEC and other Norms should be updated (or refined).
As you can see (sorry that it is in spanish if you want i can translate this excel), i m supposing 0ºC (ambient temperature) and maximum radiation (close to 1000 W/m2) which in Mid-Chile could be rare as it happens at solar midday. And the worse case: The Plant stops and resumes at midday (in these events we consider Open Circuit not mppt). At any time Voltage exceeds 1000 V. Taking into account -10ºC of cells in PVSYST there is noway we can select a 1000 V inverter.

Would it be complex in PVSYST to develop SKOPLAKI formules? Good to be able to change Temperature (i didnt know it was possible), but as you can see in my excel, wind speed, height of anemometer at measures, rugosity of terrain, voltage drop upstream of the inverter are also present.

Best Regards Tecnun

Was it useful?
BR Jose M