PVsyst's forum

Welcome on PVsyst's forum.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 pm

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:05 pm 

I am trying to import a ground image, and appear to be missing something fundamental. My image should be 877m wide. When I import, all I see is a red line. How do I view the image? Where is "image base width" defined in the help section?

Attachments:
PVSYST ground image error.png
PVSYST ground image error.png [ 89.46 KiB | Viewed 719 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:58 pm 

Has anyone else had this issue? It seems like "image base width" should be the distance of the width of the image, but I can't understand why it should be different than the distance from x1->x2. I'm struggling to find definitions in the help section.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:10 am 

Hello,

Is this happening only when you click on "Apply" ? Or does the picture never appear correctly ?
Can you please attach the picture you are trying to load so I can try on my side ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:12 pm 

Thanks, I just emailed you the (confidential) image. The email just bounced, though. sylvain@pvsyst.com ?

I haven’t had success with any image, though. The red line shows up when I hit apply, though I never do see the actual image.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 pm 

All,

I learned that the image was not importing because it was too large, not in file size (it was <1MB) but in number of pixels. After reducing resolution, I was able to import the image.

The help section's explanation of the transformation tools are still very unintuitive. I got this to work:

It seems x1 and x2 are only used in rotation, not scaling. They are just two points (in the original coordinate system when the image is imported) that will be rotated to be the x (west-east) axis.

I accomplished scaling by entering a value in "image base width", or the width of your full image.

"Distance x1->x2" doesn't seem to do anything, though. I left it at the default "100m" and my image scaled properly, even though my actual distance from x1->x2 should be 585.2m.

-Jen