Importing terrain and module layouts

Re: Importing terrain and module layouts

Postby bris » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:04 am

Hi there,

I have successfully converted my plots from kmz to DAE, using FBX converter unfortunately it doesn't load into Pvsyst when I imported it. Does it something to do with my Autocad version? because I am only using Autocad LT? Do i need to use an Autocad 3D?

I have tried another option scenario for importing my plot, that is to use global mapper to convert my kmz file to csv but still it did not load once I import it in the PVsyts as it says that less than 3 points have been found. :(

Appreciate your kind response the soonest.

Kind regards,
Bris
bris

Postby sylvain@pvsyst » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:58 am

Hello Bris,

Can you send us the files you are trying to import (CSV and DAE) to support at pvsyst.com ?
We'll have a look and try to help you.
sylvain@pvsyst

Postby bris » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 am

Hi Sylvain,

This is quite confidential company information and I think I am not allowed to send the file.

Is there any alternative ways to figure out?

Thanks,
Bris
bris

Postby Merilyn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:40 pm

falt09 wrote:Hello Hannes,

I´m also facing the same issue, unfortunately I don´t see any connection with shapefiles, kmz or ASCII..
I think the closest we can get is to use AutoCAD in between and work in conversions (ESRI formats--dwg--pvsyst). Also, apparently there´s a sketchup 3d format that is readable by PVsyst, but I dind´t have the time to work on.

How did you solve your problem?

PS.: Same background here, I have been working with wind farms (windpro) and now switching gears to work with PV utility scale.

Fernando

Hello,I want to ask you Have sold problem here
Merilyn

Previous

Return to Howto